CerMedia MarinePure Ceramic Biofilter Media
CerMedia MarinePure Ceramic Biofilter Media is available in blocks, plates, spheres, cubes and cartridge form factors.
The media’s composition is similar to natural rock formations. MarinePure provides approximately 150,000 sq. Ft per cu. Ft (510 m2/L) of accessible surface area. MarinePure Biofilter Media creates a stable home for a dense population of beneficial bacteria that remove ammonia and nitrites from your aquarium. Some systems will also see a decrease in nitrates. MarinePure Biofilter Media will work in sumps, trickle filters, wet/dry filters, hang on the back filters or directly in the tank.
- 100% Tank Tested and commonly used in commercial aquarium applications
- Most technically advanced bio-filtration substrate
- High usable surface area for beneficial bacteria growth
- Open porosity - maximum bacteria exposure to contaminates and promotes excellent water circulation and less clogging
- Specifically designed to target ammonia and nitrite removal and minimizes nitrates
- Inert and chemically stable
- Greater than 80% open porosity
- Provides consistent water chemistry
- Reduces tank maintenance
- Able to support large fish loads
- Can be cleaned, reused and sterilized for years
1½” Marinepure Sphere: 240 sq ft
8"x8"x1” Marinepure Block: 5,750 sq ft
8"x8"x4”Marinepure Block: 23,000 sq ft
Marine Pure Spheres are small, spherical filtration media for use in canister and similar filtration systems. Perfect replacement for bioballs. They are available in 1½” diameters.
• over 100 times the surface area per cubic inch than any other biomedia such as bioballs
• Stays wet during power outages or pump failure which will keep your nitrating bacteria alive
• Perfect area for copepods and amphipods to thrive and reproduce
• Wet-dry filters
Blocks & Plates
MarinePure is also available as 9”x9”x1” Plates or 9”x9”x4” Blocks.
• Add to existing tank set ups for additional filtration, simply set the block down in your sump
• Place under gravel bed for new tank set up
• Wet-dry filters
• Blocks are ideally suited for large setups
Cermedia recommends using a least 1 quart of Spheres to eliminate ammonia and nitrate from marine aquariums. The spheres will also reduce nitrate but we recommend using the 4 x 4 x 8 blocks to further reduce nitrate.
- 1 Qt. per 100 gallons of aquarium water
Cermedia 4x4x8 Blocks:
- 1 Block - Up to 100 gallons of aquarium water
- 2 Blocks - Up to 250 gallons of aquarium water
- 3 Blocks - Up to 500 gallons of aquarium water