Classic 150ext Recirculating Protein Skimmer
The Classic 150EXT skimmer requires a feed pump to feed water to the skimmer. The recommended maximum flow rating for this skimmer is 400 GPH. These numbers are based on zero back pressure on the output plumbing. If you add 90° bends on the plumbing back to a sump you may need to back off the amount of water being feed through the skimmer. We recommend that you use a ball valve inline from your feed pump to the skimmer allowing you to control the water flow.
- High performance venturi air injection system
- Modified cone neck design designed for easy transition of micro bubbles into cup
- Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer
- Can be in sump or external
- Metric plumbing parts.
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
Note: A feed pump is required that can flow around 1.5 - 2 times the systems volume. We suggest a pump around 200 - 400 GPH, and particularly like the VarioS 2 Controllable DC pump or Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5, we also highly recommend a gate valve to help control and fine tune the flow of water into the skimmer from the feed pump.
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 100 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 150 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 200 gallons
- Body Diameter: 5"
- Neck Size: 3"
- Foot Print: 12.2" x 10.4"
- Total Height: 25.6"
- Output Size: 40mm - 1.25”
- Input Size: 1/2" Union/5/8" Barb
Aquatrance 2000s Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 720 L/H*
- Power Consumption: 18W
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- Classic 150EXT Protein Skimmer
- Aquatrance 2000s Pinwheel Pump
- Output Gate Valve
- Metric to Standard Adapter