The Teira Batfish, Platax teira, is commonly referred to as the Longfin Batfish, Longfin Platax, and Round-faced Batfish. With its wide vertical alternate black bands and pale yellow colored body, the Teira Batfish makes a beautiful addition to a home aquarium.
The Teira Batfish is relatively easy to keep and is a good fish for a beginner aquarist.
Teira Batfish Care Facts
- requires tank of at least 200 gallons as the adult Teira Batfish can grow up to 20 inches
- tank should include plenty of open swimming space and a sandy substrate
- have caution when pairing with sessile inverts, soft corals, and anemones as they will eat these
- they are best kept in FOWLR tanks
- the Teira Batfish will eat a varied omnivorous diet consisting of meaty frozen foods and quality flake foods
- it is peaceful and should be housed with other peaceful tankmates away from aggressive fish
- this batfish requires a clean, well-kept tank so it should be reserved for experience aquarists